From Medieval etyl la
praedialis, from etyl la
- (UK) /ˈpɹiːdɪəl/
- (US) /ˈpɻidiəl/
- Of or pertaining to land or its products.
- Coming from or the occupation of land.
- Attached to the land (of slavery etc.); having to work on the
land or an estate; deriving from the land.
- 1855, Sir Richard Burton, Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to
Al-Madinah & Meccah, Dover 1964, p. 60 (n.):
- Nothing, for instance, can be more disgraceful to human nature
than the state of prædial slavery, or serfs attached to the glebe,
when Malabar was under the dominion of the "mild